|Operation and Control|
|For general information on use cases see UC:Use cases|
Use case / Anwendungsfall / Scénario d’utilisation
Operation and Control; Betrieb und Kontrolle; nom descriptif en Francais
Description / Beschreibung / Description
The operation and control systems for one railway operating company are normally provided by one selected supplier in order to keep the various types to a minimum. However, the interlockings within the network are of different type and very often from different suppliers. Thus the configuration from these interlockings has to be incorporated into the operation and control systems. They uses the interlocking to
- operate elements
- get element status
- schedule and manage train operation
These systems are
- remote control HMI of traffic control centers
- train routing systems for automated traffic routing and train scheduling
- diagnosis and maintenance management systems (collecting all network traffic of the interlocking plus converting it human readable)
Data Flows and Interfaces / Datenflüsse und Schnittstellen / Flux de données et interfaces
Station specific data are derived from the interlocking configuration and imported into the operation and control systems:
- Infrastructure elements (all elements which shall be operable: TVD sections, points, signals, level crossings etc.)
- Permission/operating zones including shunting areas for temporary local operation
Interference with other railML® schemas / Interferenz mit anderen railML®-Schemen / Interaction avec autres schemas railML®
Characterizing Data / Charakterisierung der Daten / Caractérisation des données
This section serves to specify the required data regarding certain aspects.
How often do the data change (update)?
- only on configuration changes
How big are the data fragments to be exchanged (complexity)?
- big (station/yard)
- huge (region)
Which views are represented by the data (focus)?
Which specific data do you expect to receive/send (elements)?
- type (normal operation, local shunting area etc.)
- border elements
- mandatory point positions, if variations possible